Monday, September 17, 2007

poverty with a veiw

I recently finished my last class for a BA in Journalism and a minor in Photography from California State University, Chico. Since I have finished school, the most recent question I get is "So, what are you doing with your degree?" Hmm. Well I don't have a full time job with benefits at a big newspaper. I work at a marina and a restaurant making just enough money to pay the bills. But I love my life. My "office" all summer has been an old wooden boat dock. I get to be outside all day in one of the most beautiful places on earth. All winter I get to go snowboarding everyday after work. As one person I work with said, our lifestyle is "poverty with a view." My goal for this winter is to work on my snowboard photography and spend every minute I can on the mountain riding. Can't wait for snow!

No comments: